Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I have served my term

I remembered the anxiety on 14th March 2 years ago, the uncertainty of enlisting. The typical sian-ness every guy feels when they know that they are about to contribute their 2 years, some 1 year 10 months to the nation. The bald period. And then plus the fact that everyone around me went into the army, I do not know what to expect. I used to hear people telling me it's good that I've gotten police, things like "very slack!" was a common thing to hear from them. Now that I've been through it, without a doubt, the physical training comparing to the army dudes is definitely less taxing. But I'd say handling the public was really a chore, no offence public! (lol)

Time flew faster than Nathan Petrelli but nope, it sure doesn't feel like it was just yesterday. Why do people use that kind of term anyway? It's just me I guess, I'm there. Ha. So yes, I'm clearing leave now and I will soon officially regain my freedom and status as a member of public some time mid next month.

I... AM.... SCARED.

I think this time, I'll be facing a bigger uncertainty and it's like woah no more escaping! Gonna be harder to maintain. Nevertheless, a happy boy still! Freedom!
Part and parcel of life...

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a starter home. Choose dental insurance, leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose your future. But why would anyone want to do a thing like that?

- Trainspotting

Oh well.. I'll really need a job by then, or if not then freelance jobs, do come in ok? Mervyn needs the moolahs. Bangkok in May, please do not let any thing clash with this holiday plan, because we all need to get out of this little island and have our holiday! ERP is killing us all! LOL

No comments: